Combing hair every night before bed may seem like just a cosmetic ritual, but it’s actually an important step in hair and scalp health.
Hair combing not only dissolves the knots in the hair strands, but also stimulates the scalp, increases blood circulation and makes the hair stronger and healthier.
Also, combing hair has a calming effect and helps reduce the stress of the day.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the benefits of combing hair every night before going to bed and its effects on hair health.
Here are the effects and benefits of hair combing:
- Dissolves Knots and Fractures: Combing hair dissolves knots and breaks in hair strands. This makes the hair smoother and easier to comb.
- Increases Blood Circulation: Combing process increases blood circulation by making a light massage effect on the scalp. This ensures that more oxygen and nutrients are transported to the hair follicles, helping the hair to grow in a healthier way.
- Cleanses Scalp: Combing hair removes dirt, oil and product deposits accumulated on the scalp. This helps to keep the scalp healthy and prevent dandruff formation.
- Increases Hair’s Shine: Combing process allows the hair’s natural oils to spread to the hair strands. This increases the natural shine of the hair and makes it look healthier.
- Has a Relaxing Effect: Combing hair has a calming effect and can reduce stress. Scanning, especially with slow and rhythmic movements, can create a sense of relaxation and help you prepare for sleep.
- Reduces Hair Loss: Regularly combing hair can help reduce hair loss. Keeping the hair strands free of knots and splits promotes healthy hair growth.
However, the method of combing hair and the choice of comb or brush used are important. Wide-toothed combs or brushes with natural bristles should be preferred instead of combs or brushes that force or break the hair.
In general, combing hair every night before going to bed contributes to hair and scalp health. However, different results can be achieved depending on personal preferences and hair type. Hair combing should be done regularly as part of the personal care routine and should be applied in accordance with the characteristics of the hair.