Brushing the lips with a soft toothbrush can help exfoliate dead skin and prevent chapped lips. It can also give lips a smoother appearance as it has the potential to stimulate blood flow.
Can you exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush?
The lips are thinner than other parts of the skin and do not produce enough oil to moisturize compared to other parts of the body. Therefore, it is more suitable for drying and cracking with dryness. If you have a habit of licking your lips often when they are dry, let’s start by saying why it causes more dryness and it’s good to get rid of this habit. You can exfoliate by brushing your lips once a week with a clean toothbrush.
How do you brush your lip?
What you need to do to brush your lips
- Wet your lip with warm water.
- You can brush your wet lip or apply a thin layer of lip peeling.
- Gently brush in small circles with your toothbrush.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Be sure to apply a moisturizing lip product or a moisturizing natural oil such as coconut after application.
If you think that this process irritates your lips, be careful to be more sensitive next time. Also, over-brushing or over-exfoliating can dry them out. It is important that you do not apply this application more than once a week.