In recent years, natural teeth whitening methods have gained popularity and one of them is the use of turmeric.
Although turmeric is known as a curry spice, it may offer potential benefits in teeth whitening thanks to the compound called curcumin it contains.
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin can help whiten teeth.
However, its effectiveness may vary from person to person and it is important to consult a professional dentist before using this method.
Here is what you need to know about teeth whitening with turmeric and a simple method you can use.
To whiten teeth with turmeric, you can try the following method:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A few drops of coconut oil (better to use coconut oil recommended by dentists)
- A few drops of lemon juice (optional)
- Put the turmeric in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and optionally the lemon juice to the turmeric. Lemon juice may have whitening properties, but should be used with caution as it can be abrasive.
- Mix the ingredients well to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Dip the toothbrush in this mixture and brush your teeth gently. Brushing for about 2 minutes is sufficient.
- Rinse your teeth thoroughly and resume your normal brushing routine.
Using this method regularly can help your teeth look whiter over time. However, the effectiveness of natural methods of teeth whitening may be limited and you may want to consider professional teeth whitening options to get the results you want.