16.3 C
New York
Thursday, September 28, 2023

Buy now

Pasta caused death! Look what the mistake everyone makes…

Pasta, which is considered one of the indispensable tastes of the table, appears as a frequently preferred food with its rich varieties.

However, storing pasta incorrectly can negatively affect our health! If you preserve pasta this way, you may face serious consequences.

Here are the details…

Pasta caused the death of a young student

A young student named AJ, living in Brussels, Belgium, consumed bolognese pasta with minced meat sauce, which he prepared a few days ago, by heating it in the microwave before doing sports with his friends. However, the pasta had been sitting at room temperature for a few days.

Post-exercise stomach and headaches caused AJ to become ill. On top of that, illnesses such as vomiting and diarrhea also occurred. Unfortunately, despite his health problems, AJ chose not to go to the doctor and retreated to his bed and tried to sleep. He hoped that the complaints would go away on their own over time.

The next day, AJ’s absence from school was met with concern by his friends, and his family was informed. His family went to AJ’s house, but unfortunately they found the young student dead. As a result of the autopsy, the cause of AJ’s death was determined as liver necrosis and acute pancreatitis due to Bacillus cereus bacteria.

Pasta that is not stored in the refrigerator is life-threatening

This tragic event reveals once again how important food storage is. Because AJ lost his life because he consumed pasta by heating it without storing it in the refrigerator. AJ, who died in the early hours of the morning, succumbed to the bacteria that multiplied in his body approximately 10 hours after eating his meal. The presence of ‘Bacillus cereus’ bacteria was detected in stool samples.

Conditions in which rice, other than pasta, causes a similar problem is known as “fried rice syndrome”. Experts recommend that perishable foods be cooled within two hours after preparation and stored under appropriate conditions.

Be careful to consume foods quickly

Additionally, foods such as fresh poultry, fish, and ground meat should be consumed immediately after cooking or frozen. Beef, veal and lamb should be consumed within 3 to 5 days.

Sharing a video on this subject, Dr. Bernard stated that the incident AJ experienced is rare and said, “Many people save the pasta or other types of noodles they cook for the next day and this does not cause any problems. However, avoid leaving food at room temperature for more than a few hours. “If the food smells strange, it is always better to be more careful rather than worry,” he said.

Social media users were stunned to learn about the “fried rice syndrome” AJ was experiencing. One Reddit user wrote, “I eat the pizzas I couldn’t finish for a few days after setting them aside. “I never knew this kind of danger existed,” he said, while another shared the following:

“To prevent leftover food from making you sick, be careful not to leave starchy foods at room temperature for long periods of time. “Cool starchy foods within an hour if possible and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.”

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles