From vegetables to herbs, a thousand and one healings are hidden in nature, and one of these natural treasures is the jujube plant.
Let’s explore together what jujube is and what benefits it offers.
In autumn, jujube ripens and adds color to our tables. Jujube fruit is a great health store despite its tiny size.
In general, you can find the fresh version in markets and markets until the end of October.
In addition, it continues to support your health throughout the year in its dried form.
Let’s get to know this delicious and healing fruit better. Jujube is a plant belonging to the cehrigiller family and is known as the jujube tree.
It is known for its thorny branches and blooms yellow flowers in spring, emitting a pleasant fragrance. With the approach of autumn, the fruits ripen. Jujube fruit is the size of an olive and attracts attention with its thin brown peel.
This fruit, which is called the “fruit of immortality” in China, is called by different names such as “innabi”, “unnap” or “çiğde” in our country.
Jujube fruit has numerous health benefits. Here are some of them:
- In addition to being low in calories, it helps to control weight by giving energy.
- Thanks to the vitamins A and C in its content, it supports the immune system and protects against diseases.
- It regulates blood circulation and supports nervous system functions with vitamin B3 (niacin).
- Its strong antioxidant property protects liver health and provides a protective effect against various types of cancer.
- It supports and beautifies skin health.
- It regulates the digestive system and prevents constipation.
- Thanks to its calcium and magnesium content, it supports bone and muscle health.
- It protects cardiovascular health with its potassium content.
In addition, studies show that jujube fruit has a protective effect against various types of cancer, especially breast cancer. The strong antioxidant effect of jujube fruit protects the body by preventing the growth of cancerous cells.
Jujube can be consumed freshly raw or can be used as jam. Although it has many health benefits, it is recommended to be consumed in moderation as excessive consumption can increase the risk of diarrhea. It is important for people who are struggling with pregnancy or serious illnesses to consult their doctor before consuming jujube.
Jujube, this healing gift of nature, is an important resource for our health. It is especially known for its protective effect against various types of cancer, its strong antioxidant properties and its health-friendly content. We can contribute to our health by including jujube in our tables.