Hand, foot and mouth disease is a type of ailment caused by intestinal viruses. It usually affects children and infants and is contagious. There is no cure for this disease, which is also rare in adults. So, what is Burcu Kara’s son’s illness? What are the symptoms of hand, foot and mouth disease? What is the hand, foot and mouth treatment method?
The famous actress Burcu Kara recently announced that her son was caught.l, foot and mouth disease While the disease was a matter of curiosity upon announcing it from his social media account, el, foot and mouth disease also began to be investigated. Although it is rare in children and infants, it can also affect adults. l, foot and mouth disease, is a moderately contagious disease. It is transmitted through direct contact with mucus, saliva, or the feces of a sick person. This disease, which shows symptoms such as high fever and skin rash, usually leads to an epidemic in summer and autumn. It takes 3 to 10 days to settle in the body. It is important that the person suffering from hand, foot and mouth disease does not come into contact with others. However, this disease, which is rarely seen in adults, doubles the risk of developing the disease in people with immunodeficiency. What should be done about the hand, foot and mouth disease, which is known as the childhood disease that scares the famous actor, what are the treatment methods? Here are the answers:
WHAT IS HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE?
Hand, foot and mouth disease, or more easily hand, foot and mouth disease, is a contagious disease caused by a viral infection. It does not show serious symptoms and goes away on its own in a short time like a week. In this period e One of the most important factors in prevention of foot and mouth disease is hygiene.
TRANSMITTED WAYS OF HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE
Hand, foot and mouth disease is more common especially in autumn and summer. The transmission aspects of this rapidly contagious disease are as follows:
- Passed by a person through sneezing
- Passed through respiratory droplets formed in the air by coughing
- pass through saliva
- Pass through urine-fecal
Especially in the summer months, with the opening of the pools, adults should pay attention at this stage. Swallowing or spitting out pool water can spread the microbe and pose a great risk. This situation poses serious risks for both children and adults.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH?
After the virus settles in the body, high fever and sore throat begin to be seen in the first three days, and other symptoms are as follows:
- Water-filled blisters that look like deep wounds attract attention.
- TO Fluid-filled red blisters resembling chickenpox occur between the toes in the l and foot regions. These blisters cause pain, ache and itching.
- Ear and sore throat
- Rash wounds on the knees and elbows
- There may be redness in the tonsils.
WHAT ARE THE TREATMENT METHOD OF HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE?
When the symptoms of the disease begin to show, it is necessary to go to the nearest health institution and receive outpatient diagnosis and treatment services. Although hand and foot disease is not a clear treatment method, the disease heals spontaneously within 3 to 10 days. There is no definitive medicine or vaccine for the disease. However, the infected person can be given anti-itch lotions and sprays for sore throat so that he can overcome this process more easily. Giving aspirin to children should be avoided because aspirin can cause more serious illness in children. However, it is important to use painkillers, lotions and other medications recommended by the doctor at the appropriate frequency.
WHAT IS TO BE CONSIDERED IN HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE?
- Hygiene is at the top of prevention from mistakes. It is necessary to wash and disinfect hands frequently.
- It is important not to rub unwashed dirty hands into the mouth and face.
- Since it is a rapidly contagious disease, contact should not be made with the sick person.
- If your child has the disease, the child should not be sent to school until the symptoms of the disease have subsided.
- Since it is transmitted by droplets, it should be covered with a handkerchief during coughing-sneezing or wearing a mask during the disease.
- Since there is a slight possibility of contamination through urine, if there are other toilets in the house, the toilets should be separated or the toilet should be made sterile after urine and stool.
WHAT IS GOOD FOR HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE?
- Yogurt etc. Varieties are among the foods recommended to eat in hand and foot disease, as it soothes sore throat.
- Hard, mouth-wrenching foods should be avoided.
- Liquids should be fed or foods that are easy to chew should be preferred.
- Gently applying coconut oil to the rashes on the body will help to relieve the rash.