Protecting your baby’s skin from the sun before going outside is probably one of your top priorities. While babies should be kept out of direct sunlight to avoid sunburn, heat stroke, and other negative effects of UVA and UVB rays, it’s still important to find the best sunscreen for babies 6 months and older. If avoiding the sun is not possible, it’s also fine to use other protective measures like SPF clothing to protect your skin. In addition to choosing an appropriate SPF (minimum SPF of 30 per AAP), sunscreens should contain safe and baby-friendly sunscreen ingredients.
6 Best Sunscreen Creams for Babies 2022
1. Badger Clear Zinc Kids Sunscreen Spf40
- Sport sunscreen at least 80 minutes. It is water resistant and provides protection from the sun. It is suitable for those who are engaged in sports (skiing, surfing, etc.) and those who stay in the sun for a long time. It is odorless (no artificial fragrance, no perfume!). It is easy to apply and quickly absorbed by the skin.
- Available for all of skin types. It is odorless and no essential oils are used. Provides hydration.
- Contains 98% organic certified ingredients
- Provides UVA and UVB broad spectrum protection.
- At least 80min. it is water resistant.
- It dissolves in nature, protects the seas and sea creatures.
- It does not contain artificial fragrances, dyes, parabens, petroleum derivatives, GMOs and synthetics!.
- It is imported from America.
- Cruelty free (not tested on animals).
2. AVEENO Baby Sensitive Skin Spf50 Sunscreen Lotion
- No-eye sunscreen lotion for your babies’ sensitive skin. It helps protect your baby’s skin against sun damage with its broad-spectrum SPF 50 formula that does not irritate the eyes. Soothes your baby’s skin with oats. It also aims to prevent moisture loss by helping to lock moisture in the skin. Specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- Paraben and phthalate free.
- It is odorless.
- How to Use: Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, after drying with a towel, or at least every 2 hours.
3. Coppertone Water Babies Spf 50
- SPF50 Sunscreen Lotion.
- #1 brand recommended by pediatricians
- Non-gentle and free of irritating ingredients
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Effective protection against the sun.
The sun produces two types of invisible rays that can cause skin damage. These are Ultraviolet B (UVB) and Ultraviolet A (UVA) rays.
UVB rays damage the outer layers of the skin. It has harmful effects such as skin cancer, acceleration of signs of aging and sunburn.
By penetrating deeper with UVA rays, it moves towards the inner parts of the skin. These rays also cause damage such as skin aging and cancer.
Broad spectrum protection protects you against two types of sun rays. Coppertone products are formulated to protect you from these rays to the maximum extent.
4. Sebamed Sun Bebe 50+ Sun Lotion
- Thanks to the highly effective UVA and UVB filters combined with micropigments, it filters the harmful rays of the sun, provides effective protection and protects the skin against irritations.
- * Thanks to vitamin E, it nourishes the skin, protects against free radicals and provides a strong antioxidant effect.
- * Revitalizes the skin with Provitamin B5.
- * With Natural Hydro-Fructol, it keeps the skin soft and maintains the elasticity of the skin.
- * Contains Bisabolol for sensitive skin.
- *Suitable for use at the seaside, while doing sports and in daily life.
- * It is water resistant.
- *Easily appiled, not sticky, does not leave white remainings.
- * Oil free, alcohol free.
- * Does not contain paraben, paraffin, PEG components, PABA.
- *Dermatologically and clinically tested.
5. Nivea Sun Spf 50 Protection & Care Kids Sun Spray
- nivea sun baby protection & care from nivea, an 85-year-old expert in sun protection, reduces the risk of sun-related allergies with SPF 50+ uva protection.
- Specially developed for children’s sensitive skin
- Very high protection with SPF 50+
- Suitable for eczema-prone skin
- Extra resistant to water, odorless
- Pediatrically approved
- Tested by pediatricians
6. Mustela Very High Protection Sun Lotion Spf50
The skin structure of babies and children is more sensitive than adults. For this reason, sunscreens to be preferred for this age group should be designed for sensitive skin. Mustela Very High Protection Sunscreen provides ideal protection for sun-sensitive, atopy-prone and low-tolerant skin. Suitable for all skin types, this product has a very high protection factor against ultraviolet rays of the sun. Mustela Very High Protection Sun Cream, which can be applied easily thanks to its soft and fluid structure, also helps to moisturize the skin. Thus, while the skin of babies and children is protected from the sun, it also gains a soft and healthy texture. The special formula, which is prepared to minimize the problem of contamination on clothes and towels, is resistant to sweat, water and friction. In this way, you can enjoy the sun to the fullest without having to renew the sunscreen too much.