Vinegar, obtained by fermenting apples, contains high levels of acetic acid, enzymes, micronutrients and bioactive substances. Therefore, it has a sharp structure and taste. But it’s also nature’s most powerful antimicrobial food. Therefore, parents are always undecided about whether to give it to babies or not. Can babies drink apple cider vinegar? Does apple cider vinegar benefit babies?
Apple cider vinegar, which is often recommended to be consumed during the shower or in upper respiratory tract diseases, is a complete bactericide. Apple cider vinegar, which is preferred as a natural remedy, provides adults with many benefits from skin cleansing to immune strengthening. Sugar-free apple cider vinegar is obtained by fermentation method. In a study conducted last year, apple cider vinegar was accepted as a food that is very beneficial for human health. The benefits of apple cider vinegar, which has such benefits, for babies are the most curious subject of parents. After 6 months, breast milk that decreases should be replaced by healthy foods. It is beneficial for the baby to consume some nutrients to prepare for this process as immunity and nutrition. However, parents are undecided about apple cider vinegar, which has a high acidity ratio.
CAN BABIES DRIN APPLE VINEGAR?
There is no harm in giving apple cider vinegar to a baby who is switched to solid food after 6 months. However, it is also beneficial for the baby to undergo certain allergy tests. Therefore, apple cider vinegar consumption can be started by consulting a specialist. You can give a spoonful of apple cider vinegar diluted with water to your baby after meals during the day. In addition, you can consume some vegetables that you have switched to supplementary food and started to give, by pouring a small amount.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Benefit Babies?
- The changing diet after 6 months allows all systems of the baby to be repaired again. It should come first among the most immune-repaired systems. Therefore, additional antibacterial nutrients such as apple cider vinegar are necessary to strengthen immunity.
- The most common problems in babies after 6 months are those in the digestive system. Especially apple cider vinegar and olive oil are needed to regulate stomach and intestinal functions.
- Adding a small amount of apple cider vinegar to the water in which babies are bathed can reduce the bacteria on their skin and make the skin structure healthier against diseases.
- Apple cider vinegar, which supports strong bones when added to washing water or foods such as pureed soup, reduces the risk of bone inflammation or bone pain that may be seen in advanced ages.
- It provides general relaxation of the body. It cleans the pores. It makes the salivary glands work better.
- The most important benefit is that it inactivates viruses that cause upper respiratory tract diseases. It is often used in traditional medicine. It is even used to clear the sinuses of babies.