Pumpkin is a good source of vitamin A, namely beta – carotene, and also supports eye health, immune system, growth and development as it contains potassium and vitamin C. You can add plenty to the menu of both the baby and the family with different recipes.
Ideal for starting solid food
7-8. You can start feeding the baby by boiling the pumpkin in its own juice and crushing it with a fork. From the 9th month, you can add a little red lentils, potatoes, onions, garlic, cook, mash and eat.
– 100gr pumpkin
– 1 small potato
– 1 shallot onion
– 1 tablespoon of red lentils
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 glass of chicken broth
1. Wash the lentils with plenty of water and drain them Wait 10 minutes.
2. Take the olive oil in the pan, add the shallots and garlic that you have peeled off and start sautéing.
3. Next, add the roughly chopped potatoes and pumpkin and continue frying with the drained lentils.
4. Then add chicken broth and cook until all ingredients are tender.
5. After removing the onion and garlic that you have thrown completely, pull them with a blender and puree them.
6. You can sweeten it a little with black pepper according to your baby’s taste.