One of the most common situations on social media lately is difficulty in breathing due to an object in the throat of babies. It was understood how important the Heimlich Maneuver, which was applied at this time, was to save lives. How to do the Heimlich Maneuver on babies? First aid for respiratory blockages in infants
Babies start to explore their surroundings as the month passes. Meanwhile, they try to figure out how they should treat the objects or things around them. At that time, health conditions may be encountered. The most common of these is respiratory distress. In the case of any sims stuck in the throat, specialists usually apply the Heimlich Maneuver, which is done for adults. However, the Heimlich Maneuver is applied differently to infants compared to adults.
HOW TO MAKE HEIMLICH MANEUVER FOR BABIES?
In the Heimlich Maneuver applied to babies, the baby’s face will be facing the ground. The legs of the babies are left on both sides of the elbow part of the arm. The neck of the baby is held with the palm of the hand. In the middle of the two scapula, it is shot five times in succession, as if it were a broom. When this drink does not work, the baby is turned over. Between the navel and the imam board, the middle finger and ring finger are combined and moderate pressure is applied 5 times.
WHAT CAUSES RESPIRATORY DIFFICULTY IN BABIES?
- Any object may have escaped into the trachea. Apart from this, the escaping of saliva into the trachea when coughing. Intraction of the tongue due to upper respiratory tract diseases. Neck parts of babies are very sensitive until 5 years old. In cases such as vomiting, they may experience respiratory distress when they cannot fully use their muscles.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF RESPIRATORY DIFFICULTY IN BABIES?
The baby does not suddenly start breathing. During this period, the body movements that he makes quickly slow down due to respiration. Since the brain does not receive oxygen, the baby loses its control mechanism. Wheezing sounds come from his mouth. The skin color suddenly turns pink, red, then begins to turn purple.
FIRST AID FOR BABIES RESPIRATORY OBSTRUCTIONS
- The baby’s head is held by hand. By opening the mouth, the first intervention is done by checking whether air enters or not. At this time, never interfere with the baby’s back by hitting it hard or putting the finger in its mouth.
- The fastest intervention to be made in case an object escapes is the Heimlich Maneuver. You need to be very well trained before doing this maneuver.
- The other method that should be used most in infant blockages is to take the baby in the palm of the hand and tap the back lightly so that his face is turned to the ground.
- In cases of respiratory distress such as vomiting, the baby is laid on its side and rhythmic strokes are made on the back, allowing the vomit to come out of the mouth without escaping into the throat.
- In case of respiratory distress caused by coughing, artificial respiration should be made and the trachea should be opened by giving more air.